- Restore a childhood piece of furniture or other cherished item. If an item is not available try and find something a similar item slightly altered to resemble the childhood piece.
- Arrange to have a maid come and clean your house (for your spouse) or the house of a friend for at least a month.
- Make a gift basket and fill it with all of your gift recipient’s favorites. It can include food, hobby items like puzzles, bath stuff, smell goods, tools, electronics, toys, games, whatever…..
- Write a personal song for your special friend and have it recorded by a talented vocalist friend, or hire someone to sing. Have it placed on a cd with printing and a cover. A bonus would be to have it shrink wrapped to. If you are not to artistic have a friend help or use a template from the many available printing programs, or free online.
- Treat your parents to a day spa and let them be pampered on their schedule.
- Make reservations for your entire family to enjoy a first class dining experience. Get all dressed up and rent a limousine for the evening.
- Charter a yacht and enjoy an afternoon and evening including dinner on the water.
- Help someone on your gift list to start a personal collection by providing the initial items for it. Something like state quarters, figurines, die cast models, etc.
- Send a singing dancing telegram to your recipient
- Have a personal message written in the sky
- Reserve an entire venue just for your family and or close friends for an evening, or for a few hours before the regular opening time.
Copyright © 2006 Kenneth Martin, Jr.
Practical Personal DevelopmentPractical wisdom, for practical lives,practical words,
to practical people, from a practical guy!